From yesterday’s post, we learned how prevalent mobile video sharing is and how the affect of that activity can help your business. Today, we’ll look at where mobile video viewers share mobile video. Knowing the avenues where consumers share video can help you create better opportunities and targeting tactics.
• The top place mobile video viewers share information is through social media, Facebook in particular. Overall 56% of people who shared mobile video, shared it through social media
• Over four in 10 mobile video sharers used a significantly more low-tech approach – They showed the video to someone else on their device
• Nearly 40% shared a mobile video via text message
• One-third emailed a mobile video to someone else
• Three in 10 sharers used YouTube
What Does This Mean To You?
This points out how engaged mobile users are with social media. Social media is becoming a mobile first function. In the past year, the amount of adults of adults who have accessed social sites on a mobile phone has increased by over 60% nationally. Among millenials, over 40% currently access social networks on their mobile phone.
Mobile social networkers are looking at your social content and what people have posted about your business.
When was the last time you looked at the comments people have left about your organization on your own social sites?
How often do you search other sites for comments about your company?
Does your social reputation encourage consumers to shop your business?
Bad business reviews, negative information and misleading posts can cost you customers.
As a business, you need to pay attention to your social reputation because potential shoppers are.
For more information about effective social media strategies, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or:
Advertising Marketing Manager
Source: IAB; eMarketer; The 2012 Scarborough Report, Release 1