Restaurants always seem to be a little more crowded during the
holidays. It may be because shoppers are already out in stores or it’s
an easy place to meet friends who you only catch up with during the
holidays. Because of these factors and others, getting a tablet for
dinner can sometimes be a challenge. When it comes to deciding where to
eat, mobile technology is having a bigger impact. This affect is
greater with younger diners. New research has been released on 18 to 34
year old restaurant-goers and mobile devices.
• 47% of these frequent diners own a smart phone
• Two-thirds of millennials (adults age 18-34) who are frequent diners are also smart phone owners
• Almost 33% of millennials have looked up restaurant menus on their smart phone – that’s nearly double the percentage of Generation X adults
• Nearly one in four millennials follow restaurants via social media
• 19% of millennials have “checked in” at a restaurant using an app
• The top three types of restaurants that millennials have dined at in the past 30 days are Chinese (46%), Pizza (40%) and Mexican (37%)
What Does This Mean To You?
We are an on-the-go society and mobile can help nearly every business create the awareness and loyal customers it needs. For restaurants, mobile is even more important. Millennials make up the largest percentage of frequent diners – these adults are extremely mobile enabled. Their devices are extensions of themselves and are their main form of communication. From research, we know that they already use their devices to check into restaurants, look at menus and follow restaurants on social media. But the mobile activities of 18-34 year olds make them a great target for other forms of mobile marketing – and not just for restaurants.
• Over 80% of millennials are texters
• 47% open email on their mobile device
• 42% visit social networks on their mobile device
• Over four in ten conduct mobile searches
Since millennials are already using functions like these, permission based SMS promotions, email coupons, SEO campaigns and social reputation management makes perfect sense to reach them & affect their shopping and purchasing patterns. For more information on mobile tactics to monetize millennials, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or:
Advertising Marketing Manager
Source: eMarketer; The 2012 Scarborough Multi-Market Report, Release 1