How much time do you spend online?
What about with your mobile device?
Many people are connected pretty much the entire time they are awake.
The internet has become a staple in our lives and smart phones are one
of those things that many consumers can’t live without. Think about the
last time you left your mobile device at home. Your first reaction was
probably turn around and get it. A new study has been released that
shows how much non-voice time consumers spend using their mobile devices
and how long they are online during the average day.
• Over the last year, time online has grown by 4%
• Non-voice mobile use has increased by 52%
• We spend, on average, a quarter of our total time with media online and 12% doing non-voice functions on our mobile devices
• When it comes to spending time with advertising messages, time spent with online ads has increased by 8% from 2011 to 2012
• Time with ads on mobile devices has increased by nearly 80%
What Does This Mean To You?
The online revolution changed the way most organizations not only market
themselves but how they basically do business. Mobile will likely have
the same effect. It isn’t just the number of consumers owning mobile
devices; it’s the usage growth and the time they spend with
advertising. This is just another reinforcement of how important a
mobile strategy is for your business. We’ve had other reports showing how important mobile will be this holiday season. Not fully adopting mobile into your basic business plan could be a very expensive mistake. For more information on how to grow your business using mobile technology, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or:
Advertising Marketing Manager
Source: eMarketer; Babycenter.com; Arbitron; Edison Research