In yesterday’s post, we showed research on how many smart phone owners will shop over the holidays using their devices. Today, we’ll look at the other mobile device, tablets. While there are many more smart phones deployed across the country, consumers who use tablets are more likely to use those devices during shopping activities this holiday season.
• Over 60% of tablet owners plan to research and purchase holiday gifts, decor and food items
• 44% of tablet owners will research gifts or compare products
• Nearly 30% will look up a retailer’s location or shopping hours
• One in five will redeem coupons
• 30% plan to complete a holiday purchase on their device, that’s twice the percentage of smart phone owners
What Does This Mean To You?
For many consumers, their tablets are virtual catalogues. This year, the amount of tablet owners is expected to increase greatly. There are more devices available and a variety of price points for shoppers to make purchases at. The other positive thing about tablet shoppers is that they are more likely to make purchases. Look for opportunities to promote your goods and services through tablets and make sure you take advantage of the increase screen size and functionality that tablets offer. For more information on creating awareness and generating sales with tablets, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or:
Advertising Marketing Manager
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; National Retail Federation