Facebook is the world’s biggest social network and to many consumers social media and Facebook are two sides of the same coin. Many businesses only form of social media presence is a Facebook page. Knowing what the average Facebook user looks like and their social activities can help you maximize the impact of your Facebook offerings.
• The average Facebook user has 130 “friends” and the average visit lasts 23 minutes
• Over 45% of Facebook users are age 45 or older
• Nearly 60% of users are female
• 57% have attended college and roughly one quarter have a college degree
• Almost half of Facebook users have household incomes between $50,000 and $100,000
What Does This Mean To You
Simply having a Facebook page does not equal social media marketing.
Do you have a social media or Facebook strategy?
What are you doing to engage readers?
How are you leveraging your “friends”?
How often you post?
What kind of content do you post?
Having a Facebook page is just the starting point for creating a winning social media strategy.
How important is this audience?
In Broward & Palm Beach County, nearly half of adults have accessed Facebook in the past month. 40% of these users have household incomes over $75,000+ and 23% are $100,000+. For more information on how to bring your business more success through social media, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or:
Advertising Marketing Manager
Source: OnlineMBA.com; Kalena Jordan, SearchEngineCollege.com; sitepronews.com; The 2012 Scarborough Report, Release 1