Texting isn’t just for kids. Over half of adults in the U.S. use mobile devices to text? New research has been reported that shows how large the text audience is and how effective it can be in driving sales results to your business.
• Mobile programs, such as text, produce a conversion rate of 23%
• Mobile databases currently make up 2 to 10% of retailers current email databases
• Nationally, over seven in 10 adults age 18-34 send or receive texts
• Texters are also more likely to work in White-Collar occupations, have children their household and be home owners
What Does This Mean To You
Adults who text are a valuable audience for your business. Permission based SMS campaigns give you the ability to connect with consumers on virtually a one on one level. Why do they deliver such high engagement rates? It’s all about targeting and permission. They have signed up to get offers from businesses and offers can be tailored to specific shoppers needs through CRM efforts. The local audience for texters is quite robust as well, nearly sixty percent of Broward and Palm Beach adults send or receive texts.
Texters in Broward & Palm Beach counties are more likely than the market to:
• Buy a vehicle in the next year
• Buy a computer in the next year
• Buy an HDTV in the next year
• Buy furniture in the next year
For more information on how you can develop a winning permission based SMS campaign and drive more traffic to your location, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or: Julie Otto Advertising Marketing Manager 954 . 425 . 1158 email@example.com
Source: Cellit; The 2011 Scarborough Multi-Market Report, Release 1; The 2012 Scarborough Report, Release 1