America has a love affair with vehicles. Think of all the songs and movies that have centered around cars & trucks. To many people, getting your license is a right of passage. But buying a vehicle is a big decision – not just what to buy but where to buy as well. A new study has been released that shows how important mobile has become in that decision making process.
• Nearly one in five have already used a mobile device to do vehicle research
• Nearly half of consumers said they thought mobile ads with deals or offers would be beneficial in making a vehicle decision if they were in the market to buy
• 21% thought mobile ads that contained deals, video or the ability to sign up for future offers would be most valuable in the purchase process
• Nearly 60% of consumers would visit a website or play a game as a result of a mobile ad
What Does This Mean To You
South Florida vehicle buyers are mobile-centric.
• Nearly 55% of Broward & Palm Beach county adults who plan to buy a vehicle live in a household that has a mobile device
• Broward and Palm Beach county adults with mobile devices are 48% more likely than those without mobile devices in the household to be vehicle buyers
• These mobilized vehicle buyers have median household incomes 20% higher thanoverall vehicle buyers
• Mobilized vehicle buyers are more likely than total vehicle buyers to spend $30,000+ on their vehicle
Mobile technology can help you connect with vehicle buyers. Not only are they interested in getting mobile offers for vehicles. They are more engaged with companies after seeing a mobile ad. The key to getting these buyers is targeting. There are several ways to target vehicle buyers through mobile devices. For more information on how to mobile-ly forge relationships with vehicle, please contact your Sun Sentinel representative or:
Advertising Marketing Manager
954 . 425 . 1158
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; Mojiva; The 2012 Scarborough Report, Release 1